We know high school is stressful: the tests, homework, SAT’s, friend drama, honors classes, extracurricular activities, and foreign language studies!
Why add more to your already-bounteous plate? Well, as a Girl Scout you are eligible to go for gold – something no other high schooler can do (note: you need to complete your Silver Award before you can begin your Gold Award, so get started early).
Girls that earn their Gold Award not only achieve something few have ever accomplished, but they also pave a bright future for themselves! Here are the top 10 reasons you should consider going for gold!
- Make the world a better place.
- Expand your resume and college application to include your Gold Award achievement.
- Be a role model to all girls.
- Demonstrate leadership by tackling a community issue, locally or globally.
- Increase your eligibility of receiving a college scholarship.
- Join the ranks of generations of young women who have made a difference.
- Develop important skills like leadership, problem solving and creativity.
- Rise one rank in any of the U.S. military branches upon enlisting.
- Use your unique vision of the future for positive change.
- Provide a lasting benefit to your community!