Do you have a passion for telling stories?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Girl Reporter for the Girl Scouts of San Gorgonio Council! Designed to attract girls with a passion for telling stories from their unique point of view, our Girl Reporters will develop a portfolio of journalistic work to use in a variety of settings, such as applying for scholarships, jobs or college. By the end of the year, you’ll have an online portfolio! Girl Reporters attend our most exciting events – BIG Expo, GenCyber, Fall Rally – and travel to opportunities like Universal Studios backlot, Stagecoach or the Long Beach Comic Con!
Here are some important facts:
- Our Girl Reporter internship program is an ongoing commitment with no minimum nor maximum number of hours required.
- It is designed only for older girls (ages 12-18).
- You will be asked to complete assignments that may take you out of your Region.
- Once you’ve completed five (5) assignments you will have earned the patch. Once you’ve completed the full program year you will have earned the technology component. Girl Reporters who have already earned the patch and/or technology will not receive them again; however, another earned reward will be given out.
- Please note:
- Girl reporters are responsible for their own transportation to and from events, unless otherwise specified.
- Senior reporters will be given priority placement for events.
- Event assignments are due to the editor within 48 hours of the event, otherwise the news is old and no longer relevant. Video work, podcast episodes and editorial pieces have extended deadlines to be decided between the reporter and editor.
- Failure to deliver an assignment within the deadline; failure to show up at an event you have committed to without reasonable notice; failure to complete an assignment will result in the loss of a “chance.” A reporter has four chances a year for missed work. After four chances, we will sadly have to end your role in the program early. Thank you for your understanding.
The Program Editor will work closely with each girl to provide guidance, evaluation and feedback. Girl Reporters may also request a letter of recommendation at completion for college or job applications!
Please fill out the form below to apply.